Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Latest Pieces


Objective
$95

Fresh from my Millvillle show, and all the
excitement that accompanied it, I've been
inspired to create several new pieces.

The first piece, which was actually in the
planning stages before the show, and I had
hoped to have ready to take with me, is titled
'Objective'. It is created from pieces of metal
found on the roadsides on South Jersey. The
circular shapes are actually the bottom of the
skid plates from a snow plow. I came upon them
as the snow was melting after on of the season's
early snowstorms.
To me, it represents the struggle to achieve our
goals and objectives, as signified by the hole in the
center, the target, if you will. There are also some
very sharp, jagged edges, typifying the snags which
deter us from achieving the 'Objective'.





The second piece is titled 'Winter'. There is no great
Winter
$90
 mystery here. The shapes are representative of a
stark woodland in the depths of winter. It was a fun
piece to make, and upon finishing it, i must say that I
am more than ready for 'Winter' to be over and for
Spring to arrive.















I have a few more pieces in the works and will
 post them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment