Monday, March 14, 2011

Chains

Over time, I have amassed quantities of chain. I wanted
to incorporate some of this chain into a few of my
sculptures. The question that I faced was how to use it.
I have seen many sculptures using chain where the links
have been welded to make the chain rigid. I've also
seen chain used primarily as just a mechanism to hang
a piece, not really used as an integral part of the

Hanging Chain #1
$85
 sculpture.
















What I ended up doing was to put these approaches
out of my mind and just grab a few lengths of chain and
go at it. After several false starts, I came up with several
designs that I thought worked. I believe that I have used

Hanging Chain #2
$85
 the chain in a new and original way.




























411
$110

 I still have much more chain and anticipate using more

Teamwork
$240
 of it in new and exciting designs.
Assembly #1
$180

No comments:

Post a Comment